Once you have confirmed Sleep Pulse 3 is allowed access to Health and Motion & Fitness Activity:
1. Battery, ensure your Apple Watch is charged. Depending on the series and size (38mm or 42mm) of your watch, it may lose anywhere between 5% - 30% of battery life during a typical 8 - 10 hour sleep. If low on battery, charging your watch for about 30 minutes before you sleep usually provides enough power for Sleep Pulse.
2. Snuggly Fit to Wrist, place the watch on your wrist as you would normally wear it and confirm it has contact with your skin. For heart rates to be properly recorded, it must have contact with your skin.
3. Do Not Disturb, it is recommended that DND be enabled as it may save battery life by telling your iPhone that your watch does not need any notifications sent to it (also not interrupting your sleep). Not enabling Do Not Disturb will not effect the sleep tracking.
4. Theater Mode, it is recommended that theater mode be enabled to ensure your watch screen does not light up on "wrist raises" while you sleep. With theater mode enabled, the screen must be tapped with your finger to activate it. It can be enabled by swiping up from your watch face and tapping the two theater masks. Not enabling Theater Mode will not effect the sleep tracking.
5. Sleep Goal, ensure in the iOS app within settings, a sleep goal is set. If not set, the sleep goal defaults to 8 hours.
5. Sleep, tap Sleep to begin. You may turn off the screen and sleep once the 'In Bed' time appears on the new screen. Note: *Sleep must be started when In Bed, and not before each night. Sleep Pulse's algorithm tracks only sleep and any attempt to try and "auto track" your sleep before being In Bed will provide inaccurate results of your sleep.*
6. Wake, once ready to wake, firmly press on the watch face and tap "Wake". Your Apple Watch will then begin to process the data, which may take between 30 - 90 seconds. *Important while analyzing, don't let the screen turn off, as an active app in the foreground is needed to process the motion data and will cancel if the screen deactivates. However, if interruptions occur, your previous night's sleep may be analyzed again from the app's settings page by pressing 'Sync Again'. See Troubleshooting for more info.*
7. View Sleep Report, once your sleep has been analyzed, it will be viewable on Apple Watch. For the full sleep report, visit the iPhone app where it will sync for archiving.
Please sign in to leave a comment.